If your district or university does not have an EES agreement, please contact the OETC for enrollment information.
The Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) is an easy, cost-effective offer that provides qualified academic customers a simplified way to acquire Microsoft software and services under a single subscription agreement.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Calculation
Full-time Faculty + (Part-time Faculty / 3) + Full-time Staff + (Part-time Staff /2) = FTE Count.
EES licensing offers participating institutions the benefits of:
- Easy compliance. Through the simplicity and predictability of counting FTE employees just once per year, you can be confident that you are fully covered for the desktop platform products you’ve selected, regardless of yearly fluctuations in employees or devices.
- Customized solutions. Easily add additional products—either organization-wide, department-wide, or for individual licenses—at any time during your subscription term, so you can deliver the right mix of technology and services to your faculty, staff, and students.
- Simplified asset management. Self-service tools, such as the Volume Licensing Service Center, enable you to easily track and manage your software assets and Software Assurance benefits from one convenient, online location.
- Low administration. Subscription licensing eliminates the need to track licenses for the selected desktop platform products on every PC and enables your IT staff to be more productive, since they no longer have to track multiple licenses across the institution.
- Lower total cost of ownership. Realize the maximum value from your licensing investment with included benefits, such as access to current technology, work at home rights for faculty and staff, product evaluation rights, Software Assurance for Microsoft Volume Licensing, and Microsoft Live@edu.
- Student licensing. Through the Student Option, you can license your students for use of one or more of the available EES products on a personally owned computer or on an institution-owned computer designated for a student's exclusive use (for instance, a computer checked out to a student for the school year).
Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services) provides functionality similar to a terminal-based, centralized host, or mainframe, environment in which multiple terminals connect to a host computer. Each terminal provides a conduit for input and output between a user and the host computer. A user can log on at a terminal, and then run applications on the host computer, accessing files, databases, network resources, and so on. Each terminal session is independent, with the host operating system managing conflicts between multiple users contending for shared resources.
The primary difference between Remote Desktop Services and the traditional mainframe environment is that the dumb terminals in a mainframe environment only provide character-based input and output. A Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client or emulator provides a complete graphical user interface including a Windows operating system desktop and support for a variety of input devices, such as a keyboard and mouse.
In the Remote Desktop Services environment, an application runs entirely on the Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server (formerly known as a terminal server). The RDC client performs no local processing of application software. The server transmits the graphical user interface to the client. The client transmits the user's input back to the server.
|Category||Networking applications - remote access / login control|
|Subcategory||Network - remote access / login control|
|Product Type||License & software assurance|
|License Type||1 device CAL|
|License Pricing||Academic, volume|
|Licensing Program||Microsoft Campus Agreement, Microsoft School Agreement, Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, Microsoft Select, Microsoft Select Plus, Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES)|
Service & Support
|Service & Support||New releases update|
|Service & Support Details||New releases update - full-term|
|Type||New releases update - full-term|
|License Type||License & software assurance|
|License Qty||1 device CAL|
|License Pricing||Academic, volume|
|Licensing Program||Microsoft Campus Agreement, Microsoft School Agreement, Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, Microsoft Select, Microsoft Select Plus|
|District of Columbia||Available||Available||Available|